Putting Line Up
By Jon Woodroffe
Often the best tips are the simplest and this fits that category. To help lining up a putt, very simply I always suggest after marking the ball on the green, place the manufacturers name or markings that form a straight line pointing towards the hole, as in the picture. Then when you place the putter behind the ball, the lines that you no doubt have on the top or the back of your putter will form a continuous straight line with those markings on the ball and this will make it easier to see if you are aiming the putter head correctly.
Do bear in mind, that this works fine for a straight putt, if however the putt is a sloping one, then you need to aim the golf ball markings and thus the putter head where you wish the ball to start it’s roll to allow for the slope.
Categorised in: Tip of the month
- Coronavirus Update
- Minimum Airtime
- Park the Driver
- How wide should your stance be?
- Christmas Opening Hours
- Taking aim is not difficult
- Prize Draw: Win a brand new set of irons!
- Stay in the moment, not in the scorecard
- Distance Control on Bunker Shots
- Let the ladies take centre stage: Solheim Cup 2019